Saturday, March 16, 2013

Women and Starbucks?

What the hell. I know that people like going to Starbucks for a little posing, and that lately law students, MBA students and beleaguered headphone aficionados like to frequent Starbucks for shits and giggles.

I used to never really be able to understand why a person would go to a coffee shop to study or do their thesis, but then again at the time I had a posh house that was comfy enough to do all these things. Ever since I moved out into a crumby 13 square meter room I realized I'd never get any serious work done in that glorified cubicle.

As I started studying this trend further, though, I realized that amongst the people who tend to go around trying to look smart and studious at Starbucks, a disproportionate amount of them are women!

Lo and behold:

Looking good, but... why are you here?
And they all seem to be flaunting gadgets with a fruit on them, saucy coƱio accents, and bashful emo looks all the while fluttering and preening their feathers. Are they like, available?


I am not really sure what is up with this trend. Do women have an intrinsic need to be seen more? Is caffeine an integral part of the female diet? Or am I just talking out of my ass with these chauvinistic assumptions?

No comments:

Post a Comment